Kathy Griffin: Plastic Surgery and Diet Pill Confessions

Kathy Griffin: Plastic Surgery and Diet Pill ConfessionsSure, she may have the confidence to strut around in a bikini now, but for years Kathy Griffin struggled with low self-esteem.

"What I can't figure out is why I wasted time worrying about my looks. I am a comedian. I'm not on the runway in Milan," says Griffin, whose memoir, Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According to Kathy Griffin, hits stores in September. "Believe it or not, people don't come to see me really thinking I'm going to look like Jennifer Aniston."

Still, for years Griffin did what she could to change her appearance. Trying to land an agent in Hollywood, the actress decided to get a nose job at age 26. "I was told repeatedly, 'You would be pretty if it weren't for that nose. You'd work more if it weren't for that nose. Hey have you considered getting a nose job?’ You would think I had a nose the size of Texas. I was young and impressionable and I was told that enough that I started to believe it, so I got a nose job."

Griffin also became obsessed with her weight. She would take back-to-back step aerobics classes, starve herself all day and then binge at night. She tried diet pills, and even took things a step further. "I am very proud of my two weeks on speed," she jokes. "It was full-on illegal speed. I took it to lose weight, which is not very smart." The result: "I just felt three times as hungry afterward," she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment